27.5.07

if fashion was a stock market, everyone should invest in these

just about every piece of clothing in my closet is on my bedroom floor right now. its what i do every summer; i clean out my closet, get rid of old stuff to make room for the new. i have just 3 months to update my look. i can't wait. summer is the perfect time to focus on you; no one else, just you. summer...yeah its all i can think about. the pool, the beach, art camp, camp, summer boys, summer love. and summer stock. and by stock, i mean those items that you buy all summer in all different colors (something boys cannot understand) because they are just so fabulous and chic and comfy and they just go with everything. yeah, you know what i'm talking about. first up, the C&C classic tank. $40 online, but you you can find 'em at Saks, Neimans, Nordstroms, and many other little upscale boutiques. they have a multitude of colors at the official website linked above. i'll admit, they're a bit pricey for something so simple, but this is an essential piece thats worth the extra cash. super soft cotton, not-too-tight-but-not-too-boxy fit, fabulous colors...i'm in love. they're so light weight you can were them one at a time, layer with other tanks or under a tee or something. my plan is get more of these (the ones i have are on a constant loop with my fave pieces), but i'm stuck making my own money this summer. i'm plotting to divide the my earnings into 3rds; 1/3rds goes to savings, 1/3rd goes to spending money, 1/3rd goes to save-up-to-treat-myself. i'll be treating myself to these little lovelys are summer long. up next, my sweet treat for your feet, JCrew Ribbon Flip Flops. the other weekend, one of my BFFs and i went on a saturday shopping excursion. i spent over half an hour digging through shelves of these cuties to find some in my size. having a size 9 foot has its setbacks. so after making a mess of the back corner of the store, i walked out with two pairs. $24.50, and they're quite a steal. better yet? buy two or more pairs and you get 20% off. they come in all sizes and 9 different colors. might i suggest buying them online? seriously, if you have your heart set on the right size and color, its a safer bet. i wear my two pairs constantly, and my feet have never looked cuter. i'll be buying more soon, and thats a fact. thats all for now, my lovely fashion divas. i have so much great stuff to show you, i'm spacing it out over a few post. keep reading! i love emails...so hit me up at danc1ng_1n_the_ra1n@yahoo.com mkay? questions, concerns, i love it all. if i like you enough, maybe i'll post your message! so send away darlings, i love you all. oh and i've had a few request for link trades. sounds like a partay. i'll get back to those who've requested it asap and i'll work on getting them up sooner than you can say pretty 'n pink. much love, keep reading, and kisses!

lisenting to: Far Away by Nickelback
drinking: vitamin water (lemonade)
wanting to: get out in the sunny sunshine!

10 comments:

Carolina Lange said...

I can never manage to clean out my closet and get rid of old stuff! So there's never room for my new things, my closet is a disaster, I must clean it out!!!

Sarah Carson said...

lol i like them too, i only got one but i have loads like them- they make me feel young, as a child i lived in dresses from Mini Boden and Monsoon (if you're not from the uk you probs won't get me but oh well) and you can't get them in like small adult sizes so it's nice to have them like available, and similar!

i love good ol' C&Cs, you caaaayan't beat em! and those shoes are cute i would buy so many pairs, although since i spend my whole (short in comparison to yours if you ain't british) 6 week summer in spain on the beach, and for some reason I only need one pair of flip flops.. when you're on the beach non stop you don't really seem to need to worry too much about things clashing or whatevs, throw on a hot bikini (with boardshorts dependiente on the mood), a sundress or some shorts and a hot top, or a sarong or kaftan and you're good to go, regardless of how things match. just make it roxy and full of hibiscuses!! and throw a flower in your hair for that extra slice of beach baby panache! sorry i've gone off on one but yeah, BASICALLEMENT, great post! xx

Ella Gregory said...

i am dying for a c&c vest top
fab post

-ciao bella- said...

i absolutely love those c&c california tanks. they are the most comfortable thing ever.

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

you guys are so lucky it's summer, it's getting colder here in australia winter is upon us i'm gonna glad it was wayyyyyyy too hot i can bear the colder weather better!

Bella said...

Uh...cleaning, the bane of my existence hehe...I love C&C, but I've never actually owned one, so I need to put that on my to do list thanks for reminding me :)...and you think you have a hard time trying 2 find shoes for a size 9? Try size 11! Beleive me it sounds as bad as it is lol, I love your blog...I would want to trade links but I cant seem to figure out how to put them on my html yet :)

ashley heaton said...

C&C is great, i've tried james perse, juicy, etc but they're the best quality and fit out of all of them.

Tru said...

I have a size 9 shoe too, lol small world

alluretone said...

i hate cleaning and i can never manage to throw things away.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.